Cherry Class Staff
|Miss J. Melles||Class Teacher|
|Mrs K. Fitchett||Teaching Assistant|
|Miss N. Browne||Teaching Assistant|
In Cherry class we follow the SCERTS framework, focusing on Social Communication and Emotional Regulation. Our curriculum includes independent learning, speaking and listening, Attention Autism and play skills. We also have individual activities for number, phonics, reading and writing.
We start each day with sensory time. In our class we have lots of different sensory equipment available including a swing, hammock, exercise balls and a trampoline that the children can access throughout the day.
This half term we will be continuing our topic all about animals. For the first few weeks we will be learning about different minibeasts.
Follow our class twitter page to have a look at our daily activities
Apps and websites that you can use at home to support learning.
· Meet the Numberblocks - This app helps to teach numbers and counting.
· Meet the Alphablocks - This app helps to teach the letter sounds we use in phonics.
· Go Explore from CBeebies - Lots of different games including jigsaws, shape matching and sounds with the children’s favourite characters.
· Maths age 3-5 - Different number activities with different levels to progress through.
· Maths age 4-6 - Different number activities with different levels to progress through.
· Writing Wizard (Handwriting) - An app to develop fine motor skills and help children learn the shapes of different numbers and letters.
· Numbots - A great app with lots of different number activities and different levels to progress through. (Please message class staff if you would like log in details).
· Playd-doh Touch - A great app that allows children to create their own characters and games, encouraging imagination and developing fine motor skills
· Epic! - This app is full of fiction, non-fiction and read aloud stories. (Please message class staff if you would like log in details).
· Draw and Tell - This app lets children draw and create their own pictures and stories
· Phonics play- Use the Username: ‘jan21’ and the password: ‘home’ for free access to great phonics games. Use your child’s PLP to find their phonics targets and set up the game at the correct level for them.
· Twinkl- This website has lots of resources to download and print that link to all areas of the curriculum.
· YouTube - Shonette Bason-Wood (Dough Disco). If you have play-doh at home these videos are great for developing hand strength and fine motor skills.
· Youtube - Cosmic kids yoga. Lots of great videos that tell stories through the use of yoga.
· Youtube - Get Squiggling. Lots of great videos to help develop pencil control through story telling and creating characters.
· Youtube - Kid Zen. We use Kid Zen during our relaxation times.
· Purple Mash - This website has lots of great games and activities that link to all areas of the curriculum. (Please message class staff if you would like log in details).
· Education City - This website has lots of great games and activities that link to all areas of the curriculum. (Please message class staff if you would like log in details).